Tuesday, April 10, 2012

First Day of Student Teaching

Things I learned at Victoria Girls Primary in Grade 1:

  • Trash cans aren't trashcans, they're bins.
  • I'm in first grade, but it's not called first grade, it's grade 1
  • Just because it's a public school, doesn't mean you don't pray.  They say the Lord's Prayer every day.
  • If it's your birthday, expect to get three lipstick kisses: two on your cheek and one on your forehead.
  • I will be relearning how to say most phonetic sounds. 
  • "Must we stick it?" means "Should we glue the worksheet in our workbooks?"
  • Nought means zero

    And my personal favourite... (yes that's spelled right)
  • An eraser isn't an eraser; it's a rubber.  And you don't erase something; you 'rub one out'

1 comment:

  1. I got a real good laugh out of a few of those, I am sure you'll be able to guess which ones! Your first day of grade 1 sounds like you learned some valuable information ;) Miss you, glad you got there safe!

    XOXO,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete