Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday


Sorry Grandma and Grandpa, I did not end up going to a South African church for Easter.  I was far too jetlagged.   Nonetheless it has been a very casual day here.  It was chilly here, low 70’s.  The home I’m staying in was built in the late 1800’s, so many renovations have been made by Professor Baxen.  But because the house is so old, it isn’t insulated.  I don’t think I packed enough layers.

Stephanie arrived today, and we are staying in her home with her 19 year old son, A.Jun.  She made us dinner tonight, but told us not to get used to it.  I’m glad that she doesn’t expect to make us dinner all the time because I want to be independent here.  For dinner we had fish with a white sauce, potatoes, broccoli, butternut squash…yumm!

But Stephanie and I are going to watch the first Harry Potter. I think we’re going to get along just fine!

Peace, Love, and Freedom,
South Africa Student Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment